This is an answer for the Pocketbook web version. Switch to the mobile app answer.
Pocketbook automatically assigns categories to most transactions (around 80%), based on the type of transaction. For example, Utilities – Power/Gas if the transaction type relates to bills paid to Power or Gas companies.
This relates to changing and removing categories on web version of Pocketbook, instructions to do this on the mobile app can be found here.
If you want to change the transaction category:
1. Click on the transaction whose category you wish to change. Result: Additional details for the transaction are displayed in the right-hand grey panel.
2. Click x next to the currently assigned category name to delete the currently assigned transaction category.
3. Click Choose Category to change the transaction category. Result: The Category window is displayed.
4. From the transaction categories dropdown, select the category that best matches the transaction (or you can create a new category – see below):
- If you want to change the category for the current transaction only, check the Apply only to this transaction box and click Save Changes.
- If you want to change the category for all such transactions, click Save Changes.
Note: Our categorisation technology learns over time, once you’ve categorised something as a category, all your future purchases with the same description will be automatically categorised as that. This means, you only need to categorise transactions with a similar description once only.
Question not answered? message us