Pocketbook was created to empower people by helping them save and spend smarter every day. This has been our mission for the last 10 years, helping hundreds of thousands of Australians along the way and pioneering a new way to view and manage money.
Unfortunately, we've had to make the difficult decision to close the Pocketbook app and web service effective 5 August 2022. We would like to thank our loyal Pocketbook community for all the support and feedback along the way.
What does this mean for you?
- Up until 4 August 2022 you will still be able to use Pocketbook as you do today
- From 5 August 2022 your Pocketbook account will be closed and you will no longer be able to download the app, or log into the mobile app or the web version of Pocketbook.
What does this mean for your data?
- We will be deleting all personal information you have provided to us while using the Pocketbook service. This may include your email address, personal name(s) and mobile number.
- We will also securely delete your personally identifiable financial account and transaction information from 5 August 2022.
What should I do next?
- If you would like to keep your categorised transaction data, you will be able to extract it into a CSV file until 4 August 2022. You can read the instructions on how to do so in our help centre.
- Pocketbook’s parent company, Zip, will be bringing money management features to life in it’s app in the near future. You can download the Zip app today (https://app.zip.co/e/download-app).
- If you are unsure about anything to do with the closure of Pocketbook, you can find out more in the FAQ’s on our help centre
We’re proud of the product we have built, but even more so, we are thankful for the role you have played in making it grow and get better over the last 10 years. We wish you all the financial success in the future.
The Pocketbook Team